Australia’s The TEN Tenors pack 25 years of fun with 25th anniversary tour - July 2021
Updated: May 16, 2021
After more than a year of patiently waiting, the hit music group The TEN Tenors will burst back onto the music scene and tour Australia once again in 2021 with their biggest show ever. Australia’s premier vocal group has announced a 22-city tour that will start in Brisbane on the 1st July and see them travel across the continent until early August. Tickets will go on pre-sale on Friday 5th March#000000 and general on sale from Tuesday 9th March via www.thetentenors.com. Full tour dates below.
This 25th anniversary tour is a blessing for fans across Australia – and a much-anticipated return to the stage for the group since returning from their first and “sold out” tour of Brazil in March 2020, which had to be cancelled due to the outbreak of Covid-19 across the globe.
This is a very special outing for the group, which has in 25 years:
· Sold over 2.8 million concert tickets worldwide
· Sold over 1.2 million albums worldwide
· Recorded 15 studio albums
· Scored 7 gold/platinum albums/DVD
· Headlined over 2500 performance globally
· Toured and performed in 34 countries (so far)
· Performed at over 1500 private and corporate events
· Helped raise over $11,250,000 for charities
· Raised over $645,000 for children's hospital charities from the sale of their festive album “Our Christmas Wish” in Australia and the USA.
The TEN Tenors are itching to reconnect with old fans and new with a show that revisits the full history of the group’s catalogue of 15 albums and over 4000 live performances.
“We haven’t been all together since we said goodbye to each other in Brazil on March 17th 2020. We are ecstatic about the idea of doing shows again, especially to celebrate our 25th anniversary” - Jared Newall
The song list will feature all the favourites including Bohemian Rhapsody, Hallelujah, Perfect, In my Life, Here’s to the Heroes, Pearl Fishers Duet, Funiculì, Funiculà, Largo AL Factotum and, of course, Nessun Dorma. Plus – their three most requested medleys.
“I cannot wait to get back on the stage with my touring mates, I am so excited I am even looking forward to doing rehearsal. It’s been well over a year and we just want to sing together and see all the happy faces in the audience again.” - Daniel Belle
This concert tour will be a celebration of one of Australia’s longest running and most enduring musical groups, who have come a long way since their first performance (where they had a repertoire of only four songs) – and they have lots of stories to tell from over the years.
“The camaraderie and feeling of being a Tenor can be likened to the combination of the best parts of a strong family bond and a secret society rolled in to one,” said producer and long time manager of The TEN Tenors D-J Wendt.
“I think that’s why the group has gone from strength to strength over the past 25 years. It’s hard work, sometimes even gruelling. But it's also so much fun, it gives you incredible experiences and memories and it gets into your blood.”
· Warsaw 2012 with a live audience of 85,000 people (for one of our young tenors at the time it was his first ever concert performance with the group);
· A concert at The Royal Albert Hall with the London Philharmonic Orchestra and John Barry conducting 2006;
· A private party in Petra for the King of Jordan and 100 other dignitaries in 2007;
· A 60th birthday party for a Dutch billionaire who flew 150 of his close friends on a private charter to Dubai for a week-long party in 2019.
· The group is the highest selling act in the history of the legendary McCallum Theatre in Palm Desert CA. Surpassing the previous highest seller (Barry Manilow) by 10 shows.
"The TEN Tenors are truly exceptional when performing at the full strength of 10” - Variety Magazine
"The cluster of high voices generates pure electricity” - Los Angeles Times
“If you thought the sound of three tenors was impressive, just wait until you hear The TEN Tenors” - New York Times
Mellen Events & Frog in a Sock presents
The TEN Tenors Celebrating 25 Years Live
Pre-sale from Friday 5th March – Monday 8th March
General on sale from Tuesday 9th March
Tickets available via www.thetentenors.com
Thursday 1 July Brisbane QPAC (*2 shows – 1pm and 7.30pm)
Friday 2 July Caloundra The Events Centre (*2 shows – 1pm and 7.30pm)
Saturday 3 July Toowoomba Empire Theatre
Sunday 4 July Maryborough Brolga Theatre
Monday 5 July Bundaberg Moncrieff Entertainment Centre
Wednesday 7 July Rockhampton Pilbeam Theatre
Thursday 8 July Mackay MECC
Friday 9 July Townsville Townsville Entertainment Centre
Saturday 10 July Cairns Cairns Convention Centre
Wednesday 14 July Narre Warren Bunjil Place (*2 shows – 1pm and 7.30pm)
Thursday 15 July Frankston Frankston Arts Centre (*2 shows – 1pm and 7.30pm)
Friday 16 July Melbourne Palais Theatre
Sunday 18 July Canberra Canberra Theatre (*2 shows – 2pm and 7.00pm)
Wednesday 21 July Adelaide Festival Theatre
Friday 23 July Perth Crown Theatre
Saturday 24 July Bunbury Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre
Sunday 25 July Mandurah MANPAC (*2 shows – 1pm and 7.30pm)
Wednesday 28 July Newcastle Civic Theatre
Thursday 29 July Sydney State Theatre
Friday 30 July Wollongong Wollongong Town Hall
Saturday 31 July Rooty Hill Sydney Coliseum Theatre West HQ
Sunday 1 August Port Macquarie Glasshouse (*2 shows – 1pm and 7.30pm)